Thursday 21 July 2011

Wheelchair hazzards

I think I said to someone the other day that being in a wheelchair doesn't bother me in the slightest, (I was born with cerebral palsy.)  Well, I lied!  Unpacking and putting away the weekly shop is a case in point.  Yesterday I wheeled over my breakfast.  I felt myself go over something, and half way over it I stopped.  "Forwards or backwards," I thought.  Either way my cerial bars would be mush.
It was then that my driving instructor's words from many moons ago flashed into my mind: "Always look where you're going."  If I'm going to wheel over something, ten to one it'll be because I'm going backwards.  Have you noticed how many drivers look straight ahead when they're reversing?  It's not just me then.

2 comments:

Frances Garrood said...

Just pick up the bits and pour milk over them and voila! No longer cereal bars, but cereal!

Rosamund Browne said...

Gosh, thanks, Frances. I hadn't thought of that.