Thursday 14 July 2011

My elder daughter, Holly has just left my flat in Lymington.  She and her sister, Hannah, (left in the photo) were both born in Souhampton, and have lived in Lymington all their lives.

 Hannah now lives in London, but Holly who is a vet has worked in this area for 3 years.  On June 25th, she married and now she and her husband, Chris are moving tomorrow to High Wycombe in Buckinghamshire. 

They are both blissfully happy and doing what hey want to do, so of course I'm happy for them.  I'm going to miss her so much, though!  I suppose I've been spoilt having her around here so long.  I promised I wouldn't make a fuss and I haven't, but now she's gone I feel somewhat bereft.  I feel like Eyor, and my flat feels "rather boggy and sad."

I do hope this feeling isn't going to last too long; unlike Eyor, I prefer toast for breakfast, not thistles.

4 comments:

Frances Garrood said...

Yay! You've done it! (But you can't spell Eyore. Actually, that doesn't look right, either...)

Jenny Woolf said...

Yes, empty nest. Horrid. It's Eeyore, I think. Or at least if we keep adding more Es we'll get there someday.

Rosamund Browne said...

Thanks, Jenny. Frances and I are wrong and you are right. I've just googled Eeyore. Strange that; I was brought up with Pooh and up until now, I could have sworn it was "Eyor." I've always been a bad speller. I put it down to my years as a teacher. I spent many a tedious hour with bad spelling,and ended up completely confused. I gave up in the end and decided that it was my turn for a nervous breakdown

Frances Garrood said...

Damn. I hate being wrong.