Sunday 12 July 2009

I take my hat off (though I rarely wear one, I have to say) to the successful, even moderately successful short story writer. I am in the middle of a writing course, and foolishly thought that short stories would be an easy way to earn money. Alas, how wrong I was, and I still am.

I am not quite ready to admit that I can't do it, or that it's not for me. I'm at the angry stage now, where I an swearing at it and calling it all the names under the sun nad am doggedly determined to master the "genre", (for some reason or other I really don't like that word) but so far without success. I don't like admitting defeat, but before I do, let me say to all those who have succeeded in gething their short stories published, thank you and keep going. I love reading them

1 comment:

Frances Garrood said...

Actually, I think you look rather good in a hat. And you write clever poetry. So don't worry about the short stories too much.